Reviews and ratings: 59 %
Description GOLO Diet
The GOLO for Life Plan shows you how easily you can lose weight by eating more food and eliminating conventional dieting. By taking Release and following our simple metabolic solution, you’ll lose weight and experience more energy and better overall health without feeling hungry or depriving yourself.
- Encourages healthy foods
- Adaptable for dietary needs
- Provides nutrient-dense whole foods
- May lead to weight loss
- Eating balanced meals and practicing healthy habits is key to the GOLO diet
- This diet focuses on eating foods from all the basic food groups
- It encourages eating lots of green and colorful vegetables, healthy fats, and lean protein
- Unfounded health claims
- Supplement required
- There is no scientific evidence that the GOLO dietary supplement itself aids weight loss directly
- Unbiased research is still lacking. Though a few studies have shown some positive results, they are not conclusive
- It is quite expensive to follow
3.6 of 5 based on 464 reviews
Paula: I did not lose any weight after completing 2 months on GOLO. I did however notice I was hot a lot of the time so I reviewed the ingredients and I found the cause. The ingredient chromium is known to cause flushing and hot flashes and is found in many weight loss products. I am hoping to ‘cool’ off after a few days of finishing my supply.
John: I spent $90 on two bottles of this Golo weight loss miracle. The only weight I lost over 3 months was that $90 I spent that left my wallet! I did not lose one pound after taking 2-3 pills each day. It did not work for me and therefore I can NOT recommend this junk. Save your money!
Yvonne: I am very pleased with my purchase. I did the 7 day the first week and lost 7 pounds when I went to the doctor. I know this is won’t happen every week but I am trying. I just ordered 2 more bottles and I am confident it will work. I want to loose at least 75 pounds. So happy. Thank you.
Sunny: Be careful trying GOLO if you have kidney issues. I ordered and after double checking the ingredients realized that the amount of Chromium that is part of the formulation is not advised for a person who has kidney issues. I tried to return 1 unopened bottle for a refund, but I was out of the 60-day limit for returns. Customer Service did not make an exception. Thoroughly check the GOLO ingredients with your doctor before investing in the capsules.
GOLO Release Diet Supplement: Customer Reviews
3.2 out of 5 based on 829 ratings
Sherry: I did not lose any weight using this although I reduced my calories. They stood behind their money back promise.
Kindle Customer: The GoLo diet materials were easy to understand and follow, but the capsules were really a waste of money. I have no more energy than if I’d taken a B12 vitamin. I gave the product and the diet a month and my weight stayed the same. I’ve had better success with the South Beach Diet and I’m now back on that. There is no magic pill that will take the weight off, just fewer calories in and more calories expended.
Rapunzle: I wish I could give better news and this review. I can’t though. Their diet plan is delicious but the plan is time costly. I want you to only eat freshly cooked food so if you want to spend a day or two just in your kitchen not including cleaning time I’m sure this works great. The following there cooking recipes and even taking the golo I like somebody else said actually gained weight.
Denise: I have only been on the product for a week, but already seeing weight loss results. Before, this product, I was struggling to lose. I was delighted to find that it came packaged with the advertised entire system: GOLO Meals and achievable results Plans. The 30-day plan also includes access to the member’s only website. The same value as buying direct.
What Is the GOLO Diet?
While there is little independent research to prove the GOLO diet’s effectiveness, the eating plan itself is generally considered safe if followed correctly. There are several potential benefits.
- Encourages healthy foods: The GOLO diet emphasizes whole foods over processed foods, encourages healthy fats, minimizes added sugars, all of which are expert-endorsed approaches to healthy weight loss.
- Adaptable for dietary needs: The company assures that the GOLO diet can be modified to meet special dietary needs and preferences. The Release supplement is free of gluten and all major allergens. But you should consult your doctor before taking it or any supplement if it might interact with any medications you are taking or complicate a medical condition. People who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not take Release.
- Provides nutrient-dense whole foods: The GOLO diet eating plan recommends eating whole foods and seeking nutrient-dense options, like leafy green vegetables and whole grains, which are healthy for any balanced diet.
- Encourages exercise: Regular exercise is an essential component of any weight-loss plan. The GOLO diet acknowledges this and encourages its followers to exercise. During the company’s research, participants were directed to participate in 15 minutes of exercise per day or 105 minutes per week and “preferably exercise using high-intensity workouts.”
- May lead to weight loss: Some people will probably lose weight successfully on the GOLO diet. But the weight loss results are likely due to simple caloric restriction combined with high-intensity exercise. When people consume 1,300 to 1,800 calories and burn a few hundred extra calories per day, they most likely produce the calorie deficit required for weight loss.
While the GOLO diet includes proven, safe weight-loss strategies, there is little evidence that its supplement is necessary or effective.
- Not clearly backed by science: When weight loss studies are published in peer-reviewed journals, the researchers generally have to follow specific guidelines to demonstrate that they have provided unbiased and well-designed evidence for their conclusions. The research provided to support GOLO’s effectiveness does not follow those rigorous guidelines.
- Unfounded health claims: The GOLO website includes a statement required by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) explaining that “GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and has not been evaluated by the FDA.” This may be confusing for some consumers who also see statements on the page about “healing metabolic dysfunction” and how the system can help to manage insulin, repair your metabolism, or balance hormones.
- Supplement required: Many of the individual ingredients in the GOLO proprietary supplement have been studied, and some show promise for people trying to lose weight. But more evidence is needed before any of the ingredients become standard care for obesity or metabolic disorders.
1.5 out of 5 based on 23 ratings
Deborah: GOLO is the best “diet” I’ve ever discovered!! I put quotes around “diet” because it’s not a typical DIEt, it’s a sustainable and healthy lifestyle plan. The Release supplements are wonderful, but not a magic pill. They help balance hormones and blood sugar / insulin to make it easier to lose weight. They also have no negative side effects. The way of eating is so easy and is the way we should all be eating – clean, unprocessed, lots of veggies. The plan is also very forgiving – one meal off plan doesn’t destroy everything. Additionally, the customer support is top-notch. The coaches are very active in the members-only Facebook group, and I’ve loved interacting with the other members – sharing our successes, victories, trials, difficulties and answering each other’s questions. I really believe I’ve found my new lifestyle thanks to GOLO! GOLO for life!
Joey: This product is an absolute joke! Do not waste your money. If you pay close attention to their marketing, you’ll see adds that say “stop dieting” then you’ll see other adds that say “eat a low calorie” diet etc. What do they think a low calorie scenario is!! Its a diet! I took this for 2 months, watched very carefully what and how much I ate and it did absolutely nothing. Don’t waste your time or money.
Lynn: I literally thought it was just me but nope it’s true this product gives you the runs. I guess that’s one way to lose weight. I mean I lost 2 lbs in one day. But the diet plan is ridiculous. Seriously. Eat healthy grains, healthy carbs, healthy proteins, healthy fats. You know – the basics of any diet plan. I still want chocolate so they cravings are still there. Save your money or risk the runs….
Linda: Sooo disappointed with this product. I bought three bottles. Money back guaranteed, didn’t get it either. They said it starts from the time you recieve the product. I didn’t start talking it right away, who knew. I carried it in my purse taking it religiously. Don’t waste your money and time!
GOLO Diet Reviews
3.3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews
Ed: The product made me so jittery that I stopped after two days. Their return policy is also lousy. They make it difficult and you will be charged for return shipping.
John: Don’t waste your money! This product is a scam, I followed the steps and ate as per instructions and took the medicine, NOTHING. I did not lose a pound, if anything it seemed I gained weight.
Tracy: I have been taking GOLO for 3 weeks now just because my metabolism has been off for quite some time. I’m prior military and work out on average 3 days out of the week. Since taking GOLO I have never felt better and have since lost 10 lbs slowly. GOLO does work, if you control your plate and eating habits. I’m not as hungry anymore and have absolutely no cravings and my concentration is so much better now and I sleep soooo good at night now! I am looking forward in the next two months to see how much more I’m going to lose. Thank you GOLO!
Denise: I have done many diets in my life and have always gained the weight back. I was at my highest weight ever and working from home. GOLO gave me my life back. I’m down 62 lbs and have so much energy, and I know I can lose more. It’s a lifestyle I can live with. Even on days that I eat something wrong, I don’t beat myself up, I just go back on and I do it. I feel empowered now. I love gold. Thank you so much for everything.
GOLO Diet For Weight Loss: Pros, Cons, Reviews, & Meal Plan
- Increasing exercise, eliminating processed foods, and eating healthy whole foods is the main principle of following the GOLO diet.
- Eating balanced meals and practicing healthy habits is key to the GOLO diet.
- This diet focuses on eating foods from all the basic food groups.
- It encourages eating lots of green and colorful vegetables, healthy fats, and lean protein that are not only loaded with vitamins and minerals but also improve satiety, i.e., make you feel fuller for longer.
- The GOLO diet focuses on eating 1-2 servings of whole grains in controlled portions to curb your hunger.
- There is no scientific evidence that the GOLO dietary supplement itself aids weight loss directly.
- Unbiased research is still lacking. Though a few studies have shown some positive results, they are not conclusive.
- It is quite expensive to follow.
The GOLO diet focuses on controlling hormone levels to improve insulin sensitivity by combining supplements with a healthy diet and exercise. This diet does not endorse cutting food intake. Though it can be costly to follow, it is worth a shot if you want quick results. However, there is no scientific evidence to prove that the GOLO dietary supplement aids weight loss directly. Follow the diet plans mentioned above and see results by yourself. However, speak with your doctor or a trained dietitian before beginning this regimen. Read full review…
User ratings and reviews
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.