Dualtron Thunder 2
Reviews and ratings: 91 %
Description Dualtron Thunder 2
The Thunder 2 has arrived! The second iteration of what was widely known as the best electric scooter in the world, the Dualtron Thunder. A 72 volt, 40 amp hour battery pack with the new LG M50T 21700 cells will get you up to 105 miles of range. Peak power of up to 10,080 watts will get you where you are going in a blink of an eye. New features include a 4th generation frame with integrated LED kick tail, turn signals, and a horn. The legend continues with the Thunder 2 Electric Scooter!
- Motor: Up to 10,080 watts from BLDC dual hub motors
- Battery: 72 volt – 40 Ah – LG M50T cells
- Charge time: 28 hours with standard charger, 14 hours with 2 standard chargers, 6 hours with the quick charger
- Max mileage: 107 miles (mileage may vary depending on rider weight and road conditions)
- Max Speed: Up to 55+ mph (depending on rider weight, road conditions, state of charge, and ambient temperature)
- Climbing Grade: 70% or 35 degrees depending on rider weight and state of charge
- Braking System: Hydraulic brakes with ABS standard and 160mm disks
- Lighting: Stem lighting, Dual LED Headlight and new design Tail Light, Brake Light, Turn Signals, and Bottom Mood Lights
- Built in Horn
- Max Load: 265 lbs
- Scooter Weight: 105 lbs
- Product Material: Frame and Handle are aviation grade 6082-T6 aluminum alloy, the shaft is SCM440 steel, and plastic covers
- Optional Parts: Seat, Fast Charger, Damper, Light Mount
- 10080w Worth of Power
- New LG 21700 Cells in the Battery – Better battery performance
- New switch gear on handlebar for motor / eco mode / indicators
- Stronger stem clamp
- More RBG Lighting on Arms and Sides of Deck
- Rear Footrest and Elevated Footplate
- It’s an Evolved Thunder
- Solid & Superior Build Quality
- Still using EY3, Would like to have seen uprated panel
- Rear mudguard isn’t aesthetically pleasing
- No elevated front lighting
- Rubber deck likely to be slippery if wet/damp
DUALTRON THUNDER 2 REVIEW
The Dualtron Thunder 2 will keep with it the original Thunder look – taking that away wouldn’t make it a Thunder, so instead, Dualtron have TWEAKED the Thunder 1 by uprating some aspects as well as adding new features. The Thunder was an amazing scooter but it did have its bad points – the original thunder had no rear footrest which often meant people would inadvertently use the rear mudguard as a foot rest when it wasn’t suited for any weight.
The original thunder also lacked a strong enough stem clamp – some users reported clamps cracking and failing as the original stem clamp was too thin. The Dualtron Thunder 2 2021 version features the same style of clamp used on the ULTRA 2.
The Thunder 2 has other smart and innovative improvements such as a new rear mudguard which doubles up as a handle which is welcomed considering most people with the original thunder had to buy an aftermarket rear footrest / handle.
Another nice introduction and one that makes sense is that the Thunder 2 FINALLY has indicators – one quirk with the original thunder was that it had orange LED indicator lights that ONLY worked as hazards / braking but not as functional indicators which was very odd.
Dualtron Thunder 2 Review
The Dualtron Thunder 2 joins the small, select band of ultra-performance scooters, but not only that, it looks to take the definition of ultra-performance to the next level with new benchmarks for power and battery size. Superlatives aren’t in short supply; the humongous 2880Wh battery will give more range than most will ever need and the 10,000W plus of power brings new meaning to the term peak power. Of course, no scooter is perfect and I found a couple of niggling points that might matter more to some than others. Read full review…
An Already Great Escooter Gets Even Better in 2022: Dualtron Thunder 2 Review
The Dualtron Thunder was the biggest and baddest electric scooter you could get when it debuted. But just like all legends, there comes a time for a new sheriff in town. Queue in the Thunder 2, an upgrade to the legendary Thunder.
If you liked the original Thunder, you will love the Dualtron Thunder 2. In this review, we will let you know what has all been upgraded on the Thunder 2. We will also tell you why you would choose the original Dualtron Thunder over the newer Dualtron Thunder 2.
Dualtron Thunder 2 Electric Scooter Review
Expectations are going to be met. The Thunder 2 is the most recent installment in the cult classic Thunder electric scooter series. The Thunder 1 has been a fan favorite for years, and the Thunder 2 is already on track to be the best-selling and most affordable Dualtron electric scooter in 2022. The Thunder 2 will not disappoint you if you’re searching for speed, power, range, quality, and features.
The Thunder returns! Dualtron Thunder 2 – electric scooter review
NEW Dualtron Thunder 2 Electric Scooter Review, More Double, Less Trouble
Why the NEW Dualtron Thunder 2 is Even Better! Hint: try the DOUBLE TAP!
User ratings and reviews
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.